
Are they really celebrities? Close enough.
So, Dave and I went to the fair on Thursday evening pretty much for a food run. You know, pork chops on a stick, corn dogs, cheese curds, taffy, cookies, walleye on a stick. As we walked by the WCCO booth on our way to the root beer, we saw that WCCO news anchors Don Shelby, Amelia Santanello (sp?) and Paul Douglas were doing autographs. Well, had to get an up close look.
Being the good friend that I am, I had Don address his picture to Hollee, who believes that Don may actually be Jesus on Earth. Nice guy- he was thrilled to sign a picture for the girl that works at the Ely Echo and snuggled right in for a picture with the cell phone for me (that is why it is a little grainy). Amelia - gorgeous in person. Paul- the hair REALLY looks real!
Labor Day weekend was very nice. Went to the Peterson cabin in Walker and swung thru Verndale on the way home for a quick visit. It was perfect weather and the girls are exhausted from all of the running and playing. They had their first fish encounter with a sunfish...Maddy gave him a big open mouth kiss before he was released back to the waters of Leech Lake. Yummy.
1 comment:
I saw him in person once, at a funeral for a former Echo employee (Bob Cary) that Don was friends with...Dark pinstripped suit, beautiful gray hair, dark glasses...mmmmm. It may be wrong that I drooled at a funeral! Thanks to my dear friend Stacy, I now have THREE photos of Don in my work space....the one of her and Don taped to my monitor, the one off the WCCO website taped to my scanner, and the beautiful, full color autographed with my name spelt right on my wall just to the right of my monitor. SIGH - he is there whenever I need a break from reality - SIGH....
Post a Comment