Monday, December 31, 2007

One more day...



I can't believe today is the last day of 2008! Remember when you were little and your parents would tell you that time goes faster the older you get? Well, they were right!


Christmas travels went well and a good time was had by all. Christmas Eve was spent with Dave's side at his sister's, then the next day at my aunt's and my parents. The girls weren't as into the gift opening as we thought they would be, but next year will be different I'm sure.


This weekend the girls experieced their first bout with the stomach flu. It started Saturday evening with Abby and Maddy followed a few hours later. After a few bedding and jammie changes, toothbrushing and back rubs, the girls and I finally went to bed around 6 am. My mommy ears were in full effect that night making it hard to sleep, so while the girls cat napped between, well, episodes, I did manage a few loads of laundry and dusting.


Oh, and if you are wondering, Dave went to sleep downstairs so that he could take the day shift with the girls while I slept. It actually worked well. Today there are starting to perk up a little bit and even ate a waffle for breakfast this morning.


Is anyone making a New Year's resolution? You still have a few more hours to decide. Happy New Year to you all!

No comments: