Abby
**********************
Is spring ever going to get here?
I shouldn't complain as family and friends in Central and Northern MN are shoveling out from multiple feet snow with more to come. We only received about an inch that was gone the next day. Today in the cities, it is dreary, cold, and raining...a good nap day. Snow has got to be sneaking up on us again. *sigh*
In one month, the girls are going to be two! Oh, how time flies. They have been busy little girls just being, well, busy! They are going to ECFE classes still on Wednesday mornings and seem to enjoy it. I have seen improvements in Abby with transitioning from one activity to another (fewer tantrums) but Madelyn still has a tough time. But, Madelyn's verbal skills are starting to come along nicely!
Abby is an alphabet junkie. She loves the song and she loves the letters. She knows a few by sight - A thru E, I, J, L, M, O, P, R, and Y(her favorites being B, M, P and R) She will pick them out of any word and YELL them out until you say it, too. The other evening, we were driving through town and passed McDonald's. Sure enough, she was pointing out the window, "Emmm, Emmm!"
Maddy is more into the shapes. Triangles, stars, hearts, and circles. Every one is pointed out in a book, in the room, her food. She isn't as into letters yet as she calls everything "two." She loves to stack and nest things together...then Abby comes and knocks it down so they are a great team. :)
The house Dave is working on is coming along nicely. They have the interior plaster torn out and are prepping to start the BIG work hopefully soon. He is really enjoying it and it is nice having him work so close to home.
I have been working 3-11:30pm every Tuesday and every other Friday-Sunday and that is working nicely with his schedule. I went back to the Medical/Surgical/Orthopedics floor because I found I really missed the ortho even though I really enjoyed Labor and Delivery. Hips and Knees must be my thing right now! Lakeview was recently named as the top rated hospital for orthopedic procedures in the metro area so that was very exciting for the staff.
Enjoy the pics of the girls with their bunny ears. Here's hoping spring "hops" in soon!!!
4 comments:
Is that "Emmmmm" M for McDonalds or mmmmmmm, as in "I like McDonalds food, why aren't we stopping mom?"
I suppose it is both!!!
It is Emmm for "m." "I like McDonald's" would be "nimmy." That is Abby speak for "yum."
Jacob still calls McDonalds "Uncle Donald's". He must REALLY like chicken McNuggets!
Yup! 2 feet of snow earlier this week and another 10 or so inches last night, and it's still falling! I'm moving to Florida.
Post a Comment