Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Progress Report

Here are some progress pictures of the Grand Avenue house. The siding is finally on, the plumbing, electrical and HVAC are in and sheet rocking will start on Monday (we hope!) Then, things should start clipping along and we would feel comfortable putting it on the market.





The rear of the house: There will be a deck to the entrance that will run the whole width of the house to the right.

This stone waterfall/pond was there, but was covered in garbage, dirt and dead grass. While the subs were in the house, Dave worked alot outside and got it up and going. A little cleaning, a new pump, mulch and he used hostas and daylillies that were already in the yard to spice it up. He also built a big firepit in the backyard from bricks that he dug out of the dirt when he was leveling the yard out. When he told me he spent the day building a firepit, I admit that I gave him a look of...we'll say "curiousity." But it looks great. He is doing a wonderful job of making the house appealing to both genders!

This week, Dave has been toiling away insulating. Ugh, poor guy.

Ninety degree heat + humidity + insulation = crabby daddy. :)

Notice that I haven't mentioned much about the work I have done? Uh oh!!


1 comment:

Ginger said...

WOW! That looks great! Lets see the inside when you guys get that far!