Thursday, July 10, 2008

Simmin' and Foaty

Happy week after the 4th of July! The holiday weekend found us sticking close to home...mainly because I was working Thursday and Friday. (nurses have great hours!) Our theme for the weekend was swimming. The girls are starting to LOVE the water and "beach" has become one of those words that you have to spell in our house or else madness ensues. Maddy loves to tell you that she is simmin' and Abby likes to foat (float). Friday morning and Sunday afternoon, we took the girls to Optimist Beach on White Bear Lake. Saturday we drove out to the new Washington County Big Marine Park Reserve which was wonderful...a big new playground and beach area that was so nice and clean.

Here are a few pictures (taken with the cell phone...sorry!) from Sunday.


Abby laughing as she "foats"

Playing "ribbet"


Maddy getting ready to dive back in!

I Simmin'!!!

On Friday afternoon of the 4th while I was at work, Dave and the girls went to Scott and Cheryl's for BBQ and swimming in the croc pool with Jack and Megan. And our girls looooove Jacky!!!


Jack and Maddy warming up!


Jack and Abby waiting for the fireworks

Abby (left) and Maddy

And when the swimming and fun is done, you fall asleep like Maddy:

3 comments:

Hollee said...

Too cute! Love them all, but especially the last one of Madders sleeping! Love it!

Looks like my boys may have some competition with that Jack fella! Just remind him that Jake and Robbie have "dibs" on the Peterson twins! LOL!!! :)

The Baumanns said...

Ahhhh... those girlies are too cute! Simmin and Foating. Hee hee! The cell phone did a darn good job if you ask me...

Ginger said...

Great pictures! I know about the spelling thing - now they know what we are spelling so one must become more crafty with the language! I think I better work on pig latin or something...