Madelyn and I had a lunch date today around noon. I tried a new chicken nugget recipe that I found this past week and it was a hit! How do I know? Well, Maddy is our more picky eater and she chowed these down two fists at a time with her broccoli. Yes, they both LOVE the broc. Thought some of you mommy types might like to try it was well (and it is a very healthy-and cheaper- alternative to premade nuggets!) Here is the full sized recipe that can easily be modified:
Crunchy Chicken Dippers
2 eggs
2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" wide strips
4 1/2 cups Honey Bunches of Oats cereal, finely crushed
Preheat oven to 375. Beat eggs lightly in shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg, then coat evenly with cereal. Place on two baking sheets sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake 25 mintues or until chicken is cooked thru.
Serve with BBQ or Ranch dipping sauce.
**I sprinkled in a little parmesean cheese and garlic powder with the cereal.**
Enjoy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment