
Thank you to all of you who called last evening to check in with us. Our home and all of us are safe. We were actually not even home when the storm struck Hugo and were shocked to hear of it on the news on our way home.
Our hearts ache for all of the residents of Hugo...especially the family that has lost their two year old son. The neighborhood that was devastated is filled with young families and children. It is a neighborhood we drove through on the "scenic route" home from the grocery store. I have tried to contact a co worker who lives in that neighborhood, but I am sure she has more on her mind now than talking with me! **Update...we have heard they lost the roof on their house.
The tornado touched down about 5 miles north of us, but we can see damage as close as a mile. We did get some good sized hail here and Dave is checking the roof as I write.
Please keep the residents of Hugo in your prayers.
4 comments:
Thank goodness you guys are ok. I was so worried.
I'm glad to hear that you guys are ok. I didn't realize how close that was to you.
Glad to hear you guys are okay. Figured you probably were as the close up radars that the Cities TV Stations were showing had the storm well north of your development.
Troy and Denise (and Elizabeth too!)
Wow. I was glued to the TV that night. So glad you guys are ok. I pray for the family that lost their little boy. So sad.
Post a Comment