Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hello friends and family!

Happy last day of February (yeah!) and yes, I am aware that it has been a month since I have updated the blog. No pictures today, but here is just a quick run down of what's up.

In a nutshell, there isn't much going on except, well, life. It tends to get harried at times with two little ladies beginning to exercise their independence. They are definitely starting to figure out what pushes our buttons and like to see just how far they can push those buttons. But, then the next minute they are in our lap asking for hugs and kisses and I can't resist.

They have developed a love for animals- especially snakes and pumas. They also love their princess and ballerina dresses, princess shoes, jewelry and slippers. Oh, and vanilla yogurt. If we didn't have vanilla yogurt, cottage cheese, fruit, and peanut butter in the house, they wouldn't survive!

Dave's business is keeping busy despite the dull economy. People seem to be fixing up as an alternative to selling. Right now, it seems that he should have solid work thru the spring. I can't remember if I posted this, but the Grand house sold and closed the beginning of January after only a month on the market. Whew! He is now taking a well deserved weekend away in Lake of the Woods for some ice fishing with some friends.

The hospital I work at has taken a hit with the downturn of the economy and has had one round of layoffs of some management and misc staff. They assure us that nursing will be last department to take cuts in staff numbers, but are changing our nurse to patient ratios and upping the number of hours we can be on call or canceled in a pay period. We are losing some of the "foo-foo" benefits, but that is a small price to pay to avoid anymore cuts. I am still working Tuesdays and every other weekend in the evenings. Otherwise, I am with the girls at ECFE, playdates, or cruising the zoos or Indoor Playgrounds.

That is all from the Petersons for now. I hope to get some pictures up soon!

No comments: