Thursday, April 9, 2009

From the mouth of babes

Abby (with flashlight in hand, shining it on my backside): "Mooommy. I see your butt. It's biiIIIIG! A big butt."

---------------------


Maddy climbs into my lap one afternoon and begins to pull on my index finger...


Me: "Mad, what are you doing?"

Maddy: "Toot mommy. Toot when I pull da finners."


I'm so happy my two year olds have learned the tricks of a preteen boy. Oh wait, I mean their dad.


----------------------


While playing under the pine tree, picking up the pine cones...


Abby: Mommy, pine cone speak spanish. He say "abrir!" (That means to open.) She then proceeds to tell the neighbor kids that "daddy poops out the pine cones."


-------------------------


As we patiently await the arrival of spring, we wish you a very Happy Easter! This is from the chorus of one of my favorite songs at church, Jesus Paid It All (Praise the One):
Jesus paid it all.
All to Him I owe.
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow.

Oh, praise the One who paid my debt
And raised this life up from the dead.

1 comment:

Troy said...

Thanks for the laughs this morning! See you Sunday.